Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Made for The Interior Designer in You
For the inspired homemaker who loves to reinvent their space, you won’t have to wait until you have the time to start your next project because Annie Sloan chalk paint is quick and easy to use. With no preparation required, you can get around to revamping that chair, desk or cupboard sooner than later, regardless of whether it’s an in- or outdoor piece.
What You Can Expect from Mint by Michelle Regarding Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Lacquer
You won’t need to do any surface preparation, such as sanding or priming, with this versatile furniture paint which you can successfully use no matter your skill level. You can also apply it to various surfaces so, whether you need to bring a wooden chest or even a steel staircase back to life, Annie Sloan paint is the ideal choice:
- Chalk paint. Depending on the look you’re after, we offer various shades, from pastel colours with palettes of soft pinks and gentle blues to choose from to bold burgundy and bright lime green. If the colour you envision isn’t in our range, you can channel your inner artist to create it yourself by mixing the different shades we offer.
- Besides expressing yourself through colour, you can add another dimension to your piece by playing with different textures. For example, other than the smooth texture you achieve with just one layer of paint, you can create a velvet effect by applying another coating. Also, depending on the colour intensity you wish for, you can add water to make a wash or leave the lid off for a period that will result in thicker paint and give you a bright pop of colour on application.
- Chalk paint lacquer. Add durability to your revived piece of furniture with our hardwearing water-based polyacrylic, which has built-in UV protection that doesn’t yellow over time. For a more toned-down finish, you have the option of matt lacquer.
- Chalk paint Wax. Finish off your furniture restoration project by waxing it with a clear sealant to protect your piece from wear and tear, especially if it’s exposed to outdoor elements such as direct sunlight or rain. You also have the option of using white wax on unvarnished wood for a limed oak look. To emphasise cracks and for an aged look instead, choose the dark wax for the desired effect. Lastly, the black wax in our range creates a dark finish to accentuate brushwork and mouldings.
Once dried, you can buff your work of art to a high sheen.
What Sets Mint by Michelle Apart Regarding Chalk Paint
We are passionate about transformative decorating, where we don’t just offer our clients the tools to elevate the aesthetic of their home but share our knowledge of techniques and tips. This way, they can create a well-thought-of and wonderfully executed piece that they’ll want to show off to their friends and family.
Our love of the craft has also led us to share in the joy of creative expression with our workshops and courses where customers can learn the art of furniture refurbishing. Workshop themes include decoupage and Annie Sloan painting techniques which will expose you to a world of ideas on how to use their coloured furniture paint to enhance cabinets, chest of drawers, dressers, sideboards; you name it! We round out your shopping experience by offering the following as part of our value-added service:
- Huge selection. Whether your next project's inspiration is enchanted forest or mystical galaxy, we have a wide range of coloured chalk paint and waxes to turn your idea into reality. We also supply wax brushes, round and flat brushes, detail brush sets and sponge rollers specifically designed to use with your Annie Sloan paints.
- For more intricate works of art, the accessories in this range include bird, flower and bone inlay stencils. We also stock water-based and fast-drying image medium if your project includes decoupage or transferring printed images directly onto a surface. Alternatively, you can add a touch of luxury to your piece by incorporating silver or gold in your design with our metal transfer leaves. Perhaps you want to add a fine crack pattern to your design? We provide craqueler for both steps of this process.
- The Annie Sloan brand offers books for those who need a little motivation for improving their interior design.
- Owner Michelle’s knowledge and experience have led her to design and develop her own collection of decoupage papers. Her range is proudly made and manufactured in Geelong, Australia.
Owner and founder Michelle is passionate about bringing new energy to dull furniture. Her love for revamping extends to sharing the joy of crafting through workshops. Besides having all the materials to work on your project, Mint by Michelle will equip you with the necessary skills.
If you appreciate the workmanship that has gone into your piece of furniture enough to upcycle it, contact us for revitalising chalk paints in Australia.